My dear friend R recommended A1 brand curry paste to me when we went out for grocery shopping & makan (=eating) madness on the day. I was craving badly for vegetables curry. NO NO I dont have a bun in my oven...I was seriously craving for curry, blame the weather (almost winter now) & blame myself for buying too much vegetables.
I always try to make stuff from scratch whenever I can/ whenever I am in the mood (well...this cooking mood does not happen very often LoL..). This time I just had to I give it a go with instant sauce coz I was in desperation to cook all my vegs in the fridge & my head keep thinking bout veg curry plus I dont know how to make curry from scratch. All the excuses I can think of....
The verdict ... I am very pleased with the results, it did taste like home cooked curry with minimal effort & cooking time. I will try different flavour from the same brand next time.
- 2/3 pack Malaysian Curry Paste (A1 brand)
- 2 tomatoes - cut into 8 parts per tomato
- tofu puff
- 1 large carrot - chunky cut
- 1 eggplant - chunky cut
- 1/2 cauliflower - cut into florettes
- 1-2 tablespoon tamarind water
- 4 cups water
- 1 cups light coconut milk
- In a large pot, pour in water + coconut milk + curry paste
- Once boiled, add all vegies except tomatoes
- Boil for 15 mins on high heat, 15 mins on medium heat
- Then 5 mins on low heat
- Add tomatoes, tofu & tamarind water
- Ready to serve
|A1 Instant Curry Sauce - Seafood flavour|
|:: Vegetables Curry ::|