Holiday

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pumpkin & Spinach Pie

I created this pumpkin & spinach pie by accident during a rainy weekend. I was feeling really bored one evening & my domestic diva demon strucked me, I start checking out my fridge, freezer & my messy kitchen cupboard ... started to think of any possible recipes to create finger food. Whoooalllaa ... pumpkin & spinach pie recipe dropped down from the sky. They are quite fancy looking & simple to make. I had a few tasters, my collegues & few friends, they gave me positive comments about the pie and they are still standing on their feet till now hehehehe...Happy trying.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 butternut pumpkin - diced
  • 1 block fetta cheese - mashed
  • 1 bunch english spinach - chopped about 1cm
  • 8 button mushroom - sliced thin
  • 2 cloves garlic -chopped finely
  • 1 teaspoon Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
  • Salt - to taste
  • Black Pepper 
  • 2-3 sheets Puff Pastry (I used Pampas brand)
  • 3 Eggs
  • Baking paper
  • Olive Oil
  • Red wine vinegar (optional)
How to Make Fillings:
  1. Heat up 1 table spoon of olive oil in a pot/ wok
  2. Stir fry garlic & pumpkin for about 10 mins (to soften pumpkin)
  3. Add mushroom & spinach, cook until water is almost gone
  4. Add brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, red wine vinegar (optional)
  5. Cool the mixture for about 15 mins
  6. Add 2 egg, stir mixture
  7. Add fetta cheese, stir mixture
Method:
  1. Cut pampas pastry into 9 squares per sheet
 
2. Cut baking paper to be just slightly bigger than the cut out pampas pastry
3. In muffin tray, ansemble baking paper & pampas pastry by pushing them into the muffin tray & mould them to shape like a bowl - see picture

 
 
 4. Scoop in fillings
 
5. Beat 1 egg - brush edges of the pie
6. Bake till golden brown
7. Ready to serve
 

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice and simple dish. You have some interesting posts on your blog.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to follow me.

    http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoon and Choopsticks - thank you for dropping by =)

    ReplyDelete