Holiday

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chicken Puff

I went to a Christmas Carol in the park with friends today, we had a fabulous little picnic where everyone just bring something to contribute for the picnic. My contribution today is my Chicken Puff that took me about 2-3 hours to make in total.

For 7 people

Ingredients :
  • Ready made puff pastry - I used Pampas Pastry
  • 1/2 cooked diced chicken (it can be boiled - I bought charcoal chicken from supermarket)
  • 1/2 cup diced frozen carrot
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 2 boiled egg diced
  • 1/2 bunch Dill/ parsley chopped
  • 100ml - 150ml milk
  • salt
  • pepper
  • a pinch of sugar
  • a pinch of cumin
  • 1-2 tablespoon plain flour
  • 1 whisked egg + 1 tablespoon of water (for glazing)

My ready made puff pastry, 6 sheets in a pack

Method - Chicken filling :
  1. Stir fry onion & carrot for about 5 minutes
  2. Add chicken, boiled egg, dill/ parsley, milk, salt, pepper, sugar, stir for about 5 minutes
  3. Thicken by adding 1 tablespoon of plain flour

Method - Wrapping Option 1 :

I copied the wrapping method from the Pampas pastry packaging, it looks good but a little extra care needs to be taken.
  1. Lay a sheet of greaseproof paper, lay pastry, spread chicken filling and start rolling
  2. Spreading the filling over the puff pastry
  3. Roll it like sushi - Leave about 2cm from the border - I forgot to do this...I had to scoop out the excess.
  4. Lay aluminum foil in your oven tray & lightly greased them with butter
  5. Brush the top with whisked egg glazing mixture
  6. Bake at 220 degrees till golden brown
Oven hot !!

Method - Wrapping Option 2 :
I think this is an easier option, I actually make this version as well because I was lazy to make the roll.
  1. Cut Puff Pastry into 9 squares
  2. Put 1 tablespoon of chicken filling in the middle of the square
  3. Fold it (triangle shape)
  4. Lay aluminium foil in your oven tray & lightly greased them with butter
  5. Brush the top with whisked egg glazing mixture
  6. Bake at 220 degrees till golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment