Holiday

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Home Made PepperMint Tea

I was given chives, mint & green purple-ish Vietnamese herbs (was not too sure about the name) by my colleague. And I was really happy coz I love brewing fresh mint tea, especially those freshly plucked mint leaves (from her mom's garden & no pesticides etc). Yeah I know it's not everyone's cuppa tea coz some of my friends think it tastes like sipping toothpaste. Hhmm...I really cant tell LOL, coz I have been a peppermint tea addict for the past 20 years. I have tried many varieties of peppermint tea and the verdict is .... nothing beats freshly brewed mint leaves. Peppermint tea does have several health benefits too such as easing nausea, calming, easing off digestion etc and I personally think Peppermint tea is best after dinner tea. Perfect companion on rainy days and doing full mode couch potato ~ catching up on DownTown Abbey/ Revenge TV series. Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay dry.

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 bunch mint leaves
  • 1-2 tablespoon honey (optional)
Method:
  • Remove mint leaves from the stems, give them a good rinse
  • Place in teapot & pour hot water (about 90 degrees)
  • Let it sit for 15-30 minutes, depending on your preference (or till the colour turns darker)
  • Ready for consumption
  • Add honey

Fresh mint leaves from my friend's garden (left hand side)
Ready for hot water?
Brewing ... are we there yet...are we there yet ??
Almost ready....starting to change color now, slightly yellowish!! 
Fresh is best ...love freshly brewed mint tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment