Holiday

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vegetarian Vermicelli Noodle

Feeling inspired after watching Masterchef show tonight, I decided to cook whatever I can find in my kitchen for my dinner (= very lazy to go out from the house to buy takeaway).
Okie...no meat in the fridge and I just have to be a vego tonight which I don't mind at all. This recipe is fairly simple, nothing fancy, just a bit of chopping to do.


Ingredients-Part I:
  1. 2 layers of Vermicelli noodle (normally there are 4 layers in a package) - soak in hot water for about 5 mins (as per instructions from the package) then run under cold water in strainer
  2. 1 Carrot - shredded/ fine cut
  3. 4-5 leaves of Cabbage - fine cut
  4. 5 Shitake mushroom - soak in hot water, squeeze the water out & sliced thin
  5. Ginger - about thumb size, cut into 2-3 pieces
  6. 2 cloves Garlic - chopped
  7. 2 chilli - remove seed, chopped
  8. 1/2 bunch Baby Asparagus - chopped diagonal
  9. 2 Egg
  10. Cooking Oil
  11. Chinese Cooking Wine
Ingredients - Part II:
  1. 1-2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
  2. 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
  3. Light Soy Sauce as desired
  4. White Pepper
Method:
  1. Heat up your wok, sprinkle some cooking oil
  2. Make scrambled Egg & once cooked, put it in a bowl
  3. Heat up the wok again, sprinkle some cooking oil
  4. Add garlic, chilli, and cooking wine, stir fry for 1-2 minutes
  5. Add carrot, asparagus, cabbage, mushroom, stir for 5 minutes/ till soft
  6. Add vermicelli, give it a good stir
  7. Add all ingredients - Part II
  8. Add scrambled egg
  9. Ready to serve
Note:
This portion is enough for 4 people, I think I cooked too much :o)
I am going to bring some for lunch & give some to my friends, they can be my guinea pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment