Holiday

Friday, April 24, 2009

Nasi Campur Bali

It started with my trip to Pasar Sukawati (=Sukawati Market, sells souvenirs, clothing, sarongs, batik etc) trying to hunt "happy pants" for my friend's mother.

His mother was telling him "it's only available in Bali, everyone sells them, they know what you want". I don't even know what it looks like. Tried to google, nothing come up. I was quite confident that the seller will know "happy pants". Guess what...I asked a few sellers at the market if they sell "happy pants" & they all stared at me like "What the hell are you looking for?". At the end I just bought 2 types of pants for the mother, sarong and batik.

I paid IDR 35,000 for a sarong pants (original price was IDR 85,000). Bargain is a must here, please bargain 50-75% off from the market price, I know it sounds harsh but apprarently that it is the rule of thumb of bargaining in Sukawati. Done with the shopping now it's time to makan as it's almost 3pm now.

The driver (we rented a car) recommended this warung near Pasar Sukawati, this is at the really end of the market, on the right hand side, in the corner (blue colour). Not far from the market, less than 5 minutes walk from the market. Below is what we ordered.

Nasi Campur Bali (=Bali Mixed Rice) - Bali style salad, satay lilit, deep fried crunchy pork crackle, and chicken curry. I said to my friend "we have to share, I don't think I can finish", and at the end I finished the whole lot. We had to order plate no.2.


Nasi Ayam Betutu - View 1
Chicken cooked in coconut milk & spices, served with Bali style salad and peanuts.
The chicken is very tender and tasty.

Nasi Ayam Betutu - View 2
Pork Ribs Soup w Vegies - I can't remember what vegies they are, either Banana Flower/ something else, can't recall. The soup is really light, cruncy vegies, tender pork ribs.


Blue Fanta - Blueberry flavour

Time to take a nap now. Back to hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment